Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Times A Comin'




I seriously cannot believe Christmas is a few weeks away. I do have a good start on my shopping but I still feel like I have a long way to go. I mean I still have to finish decorating. Yikes! 

Here is a little tour of my living room... Since that is basically all I have finished. I hope to inspire you to take a small budget and get creative. As always, that's how I roll.
 
 
 

 
 


 

Of course I had to make some burlap ornaments to hang on the tree! 

 
 

I love these vintage ornaments my grandmother handed down to me! I remember hanging them on her tree when I was a little girl. 
 


Like this ruffled burlap tree skirt? Then make one! All you need is a cheap tree skirt ($1 at the dollar tree), hot glue gun/hot glue, scizzors, and a couple of yards of burlap. This is a no sew project so anyone can make it!

Step 1- fold you burlap in half (to save time) and cut it into 4" strips. You don't have to be exact. 





Step 2- take one of your strips and glue the end to the outer edge of the skirt, where the slit is.





Step 3. Now skip a few inches and pinch the burlap. Add a dab of glue and glue the fold down to the burlap. Glue the burlap strip down to the skirt as you go.






 
Step 4- now skip a few inches and repeat the last step, only glue the fold down in the opposite direction. REPEAT steps 3 and 4 until you finish the strip. Glue the next strip on top of the other and start doing steps 3 and 4 again.



Each row will come up a couple of inches. Trim the ends of the rows and add some cute bows (optional so the skirt can overlap. 



You're finished!!! I knew you could do it!




Happy decorating!
XOXO

No comments: