Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Refurbished Window

So, I went "picking" with my sweet Mother-in-law a couple of weekends ago. It was so exciting! I found lots of great pieces for my Vintage Shop! I also found this antique window. The lady at the store gave it to me for only $5!!! I was so stinkin' excited! My wheels immediately started turning on what I could do with it! This is what I came up with:


I decoupaged the back sides of the left and right panes with fabric scraps. The middle pane is painted with 3 coats of chalkboard paint.


I made matching fabric and felt flowers for the corner and just hot glued them on.


I had some of these cute little buckets in my craft room. So, I hot glued one to the window and dropped in some chalk and a dry erase marker.


Last, I added a wooden initial that I painted silver. =) This project was so fun to do....a little time consuming, but totally worth it in the end!!! It is now hanging perfectly above my stove! Love it!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

It's wonderful! What a steal! You are one talented girl!